- 2 cups (300g) flaxseeds ground
- 1 cup (100g) almonds soaked overnight
- *1 cup (125g) lightly salted Throuba olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions (4-5 spring onions)
- 1/2 (25g) cup packed parsley
- 3 tsp dry mint
- 1 cup (200ml) freshly squeezed orange juice (app 2 oranges)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
are from the island of Thassos in Greece. They are tree ripened, and contain minimum salt. For full details of the processing methods and to purchase click here
Grind the flaxseeds in a coffee grinder; do not grind the flax seeds until they are superfine, the thicker the mixture the better the bread.
Process the almonds in a food processor and put in a mixing bowl with the ground flax seeds and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Put the mixture on a flat surface between 2 sheets of grease proof paper and using a rolling pin gently roll flat about 1 cm in thickness.
Put the bread onto a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 145oF
for an hour, after an hour gently flip it over and dehydrate for a further hour. Then cut the bread into rectangles and separate the pieces enough for the air to circulate between the pieces and dehydrate for a further hour, or until the bread is to the desired crispness.
Leave a comment